These Top 10 Models are Changing the Fashion Industry
Who would even think that these top 10 models would be changing the fashion industry?! How are they doing it? Well, they are changing the beauty parameters just by looking different than other models. In reference to that, it was Rihanna`s Savage x Fenty fashion show this year, that cast all kinds of unique models. This led to more and more designers to highlight originality over comfort.
Scroll down and find out who are the 10 models that are changing the fashion industry.
1. Supermodel Winnie Harlow is Victoria`s Secret first model with vitiligo
Model Winnie Harlow has vitiligo, a skin condition that causes the loss of skin pigmentation. However, this skin condition did not stop her to dream big and compete. Eventually, in 2018, she becomes the first model with vitiligo to walk Victoria`s Secret runway.
2. Deaf model Nyle DiMarco won “America`s Next Top Model” in 2015
DiMarco did not stop after being active since he won America`s Next Top Model. Actually, after the contest, he became even more active. Now, he is a patron for the deaf and helps children gain better access to sign education.
3. Transgender Carmen Carrera is an open spokesperson for the trans community
Carmen Carrera is definitely a name in the modeling world. She is a transgender woman who advocates for better living of the trans people.
4. Jillian Mercado diversifies the fashion even with muscular dystrophy
Jillian is a model who works with brands like Diesel and Nordstrom. She has muscular dystrophy from the age of 13 and serves as an inspiration.
5. Model and actress Jamie Brewer has Down syndrome
6.Vivian Eyo-Ephraim – an advocate for more representation
Plus size model Vivian Eyo-Ephraim became famous for her ASOS campaign. She gained global fame when appearing in a swimsuit for a British brand. After that, she constantly advocates towards a positive direction for plus size and curve models.
7. Pregnant model Slick Woods walked Rihanna`s fashion show
Woods is known for her unique beauty and is the face of Rihanna`s makeup brand Fenty Beauty. Also, she walked the runway while being pregnant.
8. Sophia Hadjipanteli still rocks fashion shows with her thick unibrow
Sophia is a gorgeous 21-year-old model who amazes the world with her unibrow. She really challenges fashion critics who have opinions on women`s facial hair.
9. Albino-skinned model Diandra Forrest stands out for rare skin conditions
Model Diandra Forrest speaks out loud for shifting the beauty standards in the fashion world. Her main goal is to raise awareness for people with albinism and she is quite good at it.
10. Hari Nef is the first transgender woman signed by IMG Worldwide
She is the first transgender model who was signed to IMG Worldwide. Currently, Nef works alongside world-class models like Gisele Bundchen and Gigi Hadid. Apart from modeling, she wants to raise a bigger encouragement for the trans women in Iraq.